The Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida Endowment has helped the Southeast Environmental Research Center in further fulfilling our mission in Everglades research and graduate student education by updating our Field Operations Center boat fleet.
Upgrades and Additions
- Upgrade to an electrofishing boat
- A new unmanned field vehicle
- Two new field vehicles to transport boats and researchers.
All of these additions will help researchers, especially our graduate students who conduct intensive field sampling.
Aside from our infrastructure and vehicle upgrades, the endowment helped us with:
- Our annual Florida Coastal Everglades Long-term Research Ecological Research Program’s annual ‘all-scientist meeting’ attended by over 100 Everglades researchers, managers and conservationists.
- Graduate students’ and post-doctoral associates’ travel to national and international meetings to discuss Everglades-related research.
- Graduate students working on Everglades ecology, hydrology and management.