Our facilities include an outdoor tank area with several recirculating and static aquatic systems. These systems are located next to the boat ramp and dock and are equipped with several salt water, estuarine, and freshwater systems with access to 58 tanks. Salt water is supplied from two dedicated salt water wells, and freshwater is supplied by the city (city water). The estuarine water is supplied by an automated system that mixes salt water and freshwater to the salinity of interest (see designated areas below for details on water access).
Areas A and B are freshwater, estuarine and salwater systems: Freshwater, estuarine water and salt water is available.
Areas C and D are saltwater systems: Water source is seawater from an adjacent salt water well.
- Two sets of two 820-gal circular recirculating tanks
- Three 175-gal shallow rectangular recirculating tanks ideal for coral studies
- Three 100-gal circular recirculating tanks
- Three 75-gal circular recirculating tanks
- Two 600-gal circular static tanks
- Twenty-four 1000-gal circular static tanks (fiberglass tanks partly embedded in cement to better control temperature)
- Twenty-four 230-gal circular static tanks (plastic tanks that can be relocated throughout the facility as needed)